Thursday 26 January 2012

Humpty Dumpty softie

Ellis started an obsession with Humpty Dumpty after seeing him in the First ladybird Book Of Nursery. Rhymes.



My husband bought the Second Ladybird book at the Tobacco Factory market book stall one Sunday. I have to admit I was a bit dubious as to whether Ellis would like them, but I was so wrong, as I often am with my husband's intuition on things! He loved the book so much that I ended up buying the rest of the series on Ebay. And now he knows all of the nursery rhymes so we sing them together. I have to avoid some which are violent, like one about beating a horse. But the illustrations are lovely and I've enjoyed making up tunes for the ones I don't know the tunes for - like "Here am I Little Jumping Joan", and "To Market to market...", and also "I saw a ship a sailing...".  And Ellis loves "Sing a Song of Sixpence" which I used to love when I was little.

So anyway, as Ellis's obsession with Humpty (or Dumpy as he first called him!) grew, I knew I had to make a Humpty for him. And here he is with trousers that match Ellis's.

No comments:

Post a Comment